I originally came up with the concept of our main character. I imagined the character to be more of a heroic one initially, taking inspiration from character such as Rorschach from Dave Gibbons's graphic novel 'Watchmen' and I was especially inspired by Robert Rodrieguez's comic book film adaptation of Frank Miller's 'Sin City'. I was really interested by the investigating characters and I wanted my character to be trying to solve a murder or kidnapping which introduces the thriller genre however I had to tone down the characters heroic factors, otherwise it might become to unrealistic. Another aspect of the character Rorschach, was the almost poetic language he used and how he leaves out the unnecessary words, creating characteristic with his almost growling frightening voice. I acquired this as one of the hooded figures characteristics as he has very little dialogue in the piece and speaks in short sentences and phrases. Having loved the look of Rorschach's mask I wanted to bring that into reality without making it look unrealistic, I gave my character a neck warmer or bandana to also create the secretive side or hidden personality to him, which I believed only made him more interesting to the audience.

The voiceovers really stood out in my mind as being effective and drawing the audience in. It also acts as a way of telling the story without the use of onscreen diegetic dialogue. It also allows us to understand exactly what the character is thinking and the emotions they are feeling on screen. I always linked it back to kids cartoons and television shows when the character would speak out loud and we look back on it and see how bad it looks, but with this it works because our aim of audience would be intellectually mature to understand the concept we have created. I wanted to create a character with similar characteristics, however I decided to give my character a hooded jumper to relate to the stereotype of young criminal is today's society and challenge that by making this character the determined, heroic, protagonist of the story.